I have been single for a few years now and I remembered that for the most part, I was longing for a companion. I was longing to be in a relationship again. And whenever I am in a relationship, I've had thoughts that I was happier when I was single. It seems now that I've never been satisfied of where I am. Longing for better, happier, bigger, richer robs me of the joy of the present. So I've vowed to be happy and contented, irregardless of the relationship status or bank account. Slowly, I've come to learn this. Slowly, I've come to love the process.
Thinking of that now, I've come to realize that being single isn't really that bad after all. I've come to embrace the joy that I remembered having before getting this in sticky situation called relationship.
1. Freedom to go anywhere I want, anytime. If you plan to go somewhere, you wouldn't need to ask permission to anyone (given that you're of age), other than my parents of course. And when you're at it, you wouldn't have to feel in a hurry to go home because "you're missing someone".
2. No Drama. The only drama that would occur are when pimples start appearing on your nose, lost cellphones, problems at work, and gaining that 5 kilograms over Christmas.
3. Low battery? No problem. No one's going to text you that much anyway apart from friends of course. You wouldn't have to load all the time too. The only time it goes low bat is after 4 days of using and not using it. That's it.
4. More girl bonding. What's more fun than being with your girls and spending more time with them doing anything from fabulous to the silliest of things. Building this bond would not only support your sisterhood, it also makes your life a lot more colorful and exciting.
5. Focus on Career. This is the best time for you to fly high and pursue those dreams that have been staying too long on your bucket list. Work in another city and learn the ropes of the job and of living in a new place. While in it, get more friends, and network like crazy.
6. You can network like crazy. No one would ask you who this guy is and why have you added him on facebook. With you being available, you can network to as many kinds of people as possible. Choose the ones who would give more value to your life and the ones who would give you that much needed leverage that would take you a step closer to your dreams.
7. Eat whatever you want and not feel guilty about it. Of course, it's also true when you're in a relationship. But with you being single, you wouldn't have to worry if someone had noticed that extra pounds you gained because you spent your entire weekend emotional eating.
8. Have time to Reinvent Self. Although this is also possible when you are in a healthy relationship, it's just easier when you're single because there isn't any resistance from you or from a special someone. When you're tied up with a guy, you would second guess if he likes it or not. If you're single, you can go as extreme as you want.
9. More time to do what you want alone. If painting and reading is your passion. You have plenty of time indulging in these creative and mind stimulating pursuits. There wouldn't be an urge to check on your cellphone to see if your guy messaged you or not.
10. Date as many guys as you want. Meet different guys from different backgrounds and see who suits you the best.