Finally after having postpone this event for the nth time, I have successfully pushed through with it this year. Like I said, this year is my year.
So Hot air balloon it is. Another item checked on my bucket list. I've got tons of things that were expected but there are some that weren't. Here now is the list of those things that I didn't anticipate to happen on my first, and probably, last Hot air balloon experience in Clark.
1. Expect to walk long distances if you'll get there by public transpo. And if you decide to bring your own car, expect traffic within the clark air base area. Yes, even at 5am in the morning.
2. Expect to fall in line. A long line, that is. for us, even having arrived at 5am in the area, we had to get to the tail end of what seems like a 2 kilometers length of people lining. No joke. It took us 2 hours to get through the main gate. People with or without tickets all mixed together on this one.
3. Expect the line to be chaotic. Back line you'll see 2 lines but as you get nearer the entrance it will all branch out to 6 lines. Don't ask me how it happens. It just did.
4. Flying of balloons would only take few minutes. You'll wait in line longer than you'll enjoy the flying of the balloons. Just accept that fact and you'll be all right.
5. Apart from the hot air balloon, there'll be a lot of activities that you could do even after the hot air balloon stint. That ought to compensate for all the effort of having to walk a few kilometers to the event area and having to wait for a couple of hours in line.